We Believe in Israel’s core values
- We believe in the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security.
- We urgently desire peace in the Middle East and support a negotiated two-state solution to the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, so that there will be two states for the two peoples.
- We support a close relationship between Britain and Israel, based on shared values and interests.
- We believe in Israel as a democratic and Jewish state and that Zionism is the movement for the national liberation and self-determination of the Jewish people in a sovereign Jewish national homeland, the State of Israel.
- We believe that the vibrancy of Israel’s democracy and internal debate is one of its sources of strength and that same diversity of opinion amongst British supporters of Israel should be a source of strength. We therefore support a broad tent approach: a united front of all Israel’s supporters, across the political spectrum.
- We recognise and respect that some supporters of Israel will want to express legitimate criticism of specific Israeli policies.
- We oppose efforts to delegitimize Israel through tactics such as lawfare and boycott, divestment and sanctions.
- We believe that dialogue and conversation with Israel’s critics and the undecided and unengaged, and acknowledging and addressing their concerns, is a surer strategy than confrontation.