Please ask your local General Election candidates to sign our “Pledge for Israel”
With our partner organisations in the Israel Britain Alliance, we are today launching our General Election “Pledge for Israel”.
We want candidates in the General Election to sign up to this pledge:
“If elected to the United Kingdom Parliament I Pledge…
- To oppose the extremists who challenge Israel's right to exist.
- To support the right of people in the United Kingdom to enjoy Israeli culture and promote business, educational, religious and other connections with the Jewish State without fear of discrimination, boycotts, harassment and/or intimidation.
- To support those who genuinely seek to promote and establish a permanent, just and comprehensive peace between Israel and its neighbours.
- To celebrate the fact that Israel is a free society and parliamentary democracy that extends to all its citizens the right to practise their religion and have access to religious sites in Jerusalem.
- To support the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) working definition of antisemitism.
- To encourage HM Government to promote trade with Israel that will increase investment and jobs for people in both countries.”
Please use the IBA website system to email the candidates in your constituency: https://www.israelbritain.org.uk/wb/
Even if you already know which way you are going to vote, please still participate in this campaign, as we need to know which candidates support the pledge and we need candidates to know that lots of voters care about Israel – they will be receiving emails from anti-Israel campaigners too.
If you haven’t used the system before, you need to add your name, surname and email address on the first page. On the next page, add your postcode and click “search” and the system will find the addresses associated with that postcode. Click on your address and the system will automatically find all the candidates whose email addresses are in the public domain. You can view and alter the text of the email but please don’t change the text of the actual six pledges as these have been agreed nationally with IBA. Press “submit” and you’ll send the email to them.
Please send any responses you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org
Every email counts so please join our campaign and forward it to your friends and family as well as sharing it on Facebook and Twitter: